Welcome to the IELTSonTrack.com Speaking mini-test.
This mini-test enables you to listen to and then practise Part 1 of a sample, IELTS-style Speaking test
(Time needed: from 3–5 minutes).
In the actual IELTS Speaking Test, the interview has three parts and lasts for about 11-14 minutes.
Part 1 takes 4-5 minutes.
What to do
- First, listen to the interview extract, without the transcript, and try to answer the comprehension questions
- (The START button is in the top right corner of the page. Use a pen and paper to write your answers)
Note: the questions are there to give you a listening task; they are not part of a normal IELTS interview.
- Next, check your answers, using the interview transcript.
- Then, read the comments on the candidate’s performance.
- Finally, using the interview transcript, answer each of the interviewer’s questions aloud yourself, as if you are being interviewed. Record your answers on a personal recorder if you can, for comparison.